However, continuous use of supporting tools in Finance is not SOX/ICOFR-compliant and ultimately results in "Excel hell". D4E provides a systems solution that eliminates supporting tools by:-
- moving all calculative processes and ETL to the enterprise environment via an external apps store,
- moving all data storage to enterprise databases,
- allowing only non-update user actions (e.g., data visualization, what-ifs, high fidelity presentation) in Excel, and
- replacing an unlimited number of UDAs (e.g., Excel macros, MS Access, SQL scripts) with a single integrated system hosted in Excel.
By seamlessly integrating all of above in MS Office, D4E delivers end-user computing approach - but also delivers enterprise approach for data strategy and governance (including change control, accuracy, security, disaster recovery and service level agreement), whilst mobilizing Excel's strengths in user-friendliness, deep end-user experience, presentation and what-if analysis. Your end-user applications will be subject to the same robust controls as the rest of the financial reporting process.
Transform to fully digital data analytics by interfacing your web servers with Excel D4E servers.
D4E can be part of an enterprise data architecture such as:-
- Core Enterprise Systems (GL, DW, CRM, Cloud Data),
- Tools for data transformation and delivery (BI tools, PEGA, Informatica, Microstrategy, D4E), and
- Tactical solutions to meet ad-hoc reporting needs (TM1, Solvexia, D4E).
DATA Robots FOR EXCELLENCE
A DATA DISCOVERY TOOL WITH EXCELLENT MS OFFICE INTEGRATION
Are you using a supporting tool, or an enterprise system?
Allow business users who are subject matter-rich but SQL-poor to report securely from data warehouses or data lakes.
But as a true enterprise reporting platform, D4E manages apps built for integration with MS Office without UDAs & user VBA. By inter-operating with MS Office applications, the enterprise-controlled apps become secure tools or data robots that access databases via ODBC (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL). With D4E, you can build self-service data discovery tools; or full enterprise projects with Ribbon menus & batch processing; or robotic solutions with simplified extract tools.
D4E is a self-service data discovery tool for the enterprise that works via excellent Office integration - with automated database extracts, real-time output to Excel, and use of MS Office ribbon for all tasks.
Create Data Mart apps that understand your Financials and can be used by accountants, data analysts, or business users.
Apply strong finance and risk controls for many user-developed applications (UDAs) by converting to a single enterprise repository.
Validate your AI company's unified DWH by providing ML/AI engineers and product managers with a common data discovery tool.
"Alexa, add To-Do, Loans"
"Alexa, show my To-do list"
"Alexa show my Priority message"
Sit back as Alexa reads a new D4E loans report from your Inbox!
DATA MART FOR EXCEL
+61 (0) 418 217 114
Caratrel Consultants Pty Ltd © All Rights Reserved.